Sunday, May 8, 2011

Topic for Final Blog Post

***I remember reading somewhere that this was supposed to be a blog post but I can't find it anywhere. Well I forgot to do it so just thought I would do it now in case it was due. I had it posted on the discussion boards for sure but thought this would be a nice preview of whats to come!

Feed My Starving Children
I choose this because this is an organization I am familiar with. I have gone twice to a packaging site before and had a great time and was very happy to be helping out. 94% of donations go to their food programs. They are a Christian organization trying to feed the world’s children with food and spiritually as well. They’re organization is simple in its goal. They feed and try to maintain feeding children who would otherwise starve to death. The food is of the highest nutritional value (and doesn’t taste all that bad either). They are a very trusted organization and millions of people help pack food or donate money to purchase food. “Diarrhea is the number one cause of death of malnourished children. Diarrheal diseases accounted for 16% of deaths among children under the age of 5 worldwide in 2004” (FMST). Every 6 meals only cost 1.44!  They are packed with nutrition and potatoes and rice that prevent diarrhea.  Here is there website where I got a lot of these facts from: www.fmsc.org

1 comment: