Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exploding A Moment in My Personal Essay

Before: To our huge surprise we took second out of 10 teams. Although I screamed and hugged my team mates, I made sure to remember what was happening to me.

After: At awards, my stunt group and I sat down in a circle, criss-cross apple sauce, with our arms linked. Our heads were bent downward as if we were praying and our arms squeezed tight, listening for the results. “Third place goes to… stunt group number two from Centennial!” I took a deep breath not realizing I had stopped breathing. We stood up and clapped and congratulated them before returning to our huddled position. Everything got quite as the announcer began speaking again. “Second place goes to…” The next few seconds felt like eternity. I could tell my group had forgotten to breathe as well, like they were under water, not wanting to miss the next team announced.  “…stunt group number one from Prior Lake!” We all stood up hugging and cheering like cheerleaders do, excited about our success! Although I screamed and hugged my team mates, I made sure to remember what was happening to me as well, taking in the moment in its entirety

No comments:

Post a Comment